- The chemical element of atomic number 54, a member of the noble gas series. It is obtained by distillation of liquid air and is used in some specialized electric lamps. (Symbol: Xe)More example sentences
- In the same year, Ramsay and Travers discovered two other noble gases, xenon and neon.
- A plasma monitor often consists of two panels, which are filled with an inert gas, such as xenon or neon.
- It consists of a tube filled with xenon gas, with electrodes on either end and a metal trigger plate at the middle of the tube.
late 19th century: from Greek, neuter of xenos 'strange'.
More definitions of xenonDefinition of xenon in:
- The British & World English dictionary