- (Of an environment or habitat) containing little moisture; very dry. Compare with hydric and mesic1.More example sentences
- The southern transect spanned principally xeric habitats, whereas the eastern crossed mesic forest.
- Males are more common in harsher environments, such as xeric, nutrient-poor or shaded conditions.
- Communities range from xeric habitats such as scrub and scrubby flatwoods to hydric habitats such as floodplain forest and blackwater stream.
More definitions of xericDefinition of xeric in:
- The British & World English dictionary