Definition of xeriscape in English:
1.1A garden or landscape requiring little or no irrigation.
- This plant needs full sun to perform its best and does extremely well in a xeriscape situation.
- Following are a few examples of plants that are appropriate for xeriscape gardens.
- I've been worried about watering the yard, hence the thinking with the xeriscape water conserving native plants.
verb[with object] Back to top
Landscape (an area) in a style which requires little or no irrigation.
- Other clandestine elements include gutters as a rainwater collection system, peel-and-stick solar panels, geothermal heat, a water-evaporation cooling system, and water-wise landscaping known as xeriscaping.
- Rubin also discounts the misconception that low-water-use landscaping, or xeriscaping, resembles a desert.
- Without exception these face the walkways - their front doors and porches open to the walkways, walls are lower in front, and front yards host xeriscaping that integrates seamlessly with the native vegetation of the pedestrian paths.
Definition of xeriscape in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan