- The secondary or vertical axis of a system of coordinates, points along which have a value of zero for all other coordinates. Compare with x-axis.More example sentences
- Start to draw the slope at the left-hand vertical line of grid, which is the y-axis.
- The x-axis shows the population in millions whilst the y-axis shows different age ranges.
- Consecutive locations outlining an ' impact corridor ' are linked along the y-axis.
More definitions of y-axisDefinition of y-axis in:
- The British & World English dictionary