- A ritual sacrifice with a specific objective.More example sentences
- It is a common practice that the head of the family is the karta of major yajnas and rituals along with his wife.
- Their traditional role in mythology was to wreck the sacred sacrifice, the yagna, and wreak havoc on figures of power and authority.
- Hundreds of men, women and children participated in the yajna, performed pooja and offered prayers to Lord Indra to seek rain showers.
from Sanskrit yajña 'worship, sacrifice'.
More definitions of yajnaDefinition of yajna in:
- The British & World English dictionary