Definition of yappy in English:
adjective (yappier, yappiest)informal
1(Of a dog) inclined to bark in a sharp, shrill way.
- Lots of men in tweeds and their small yappy type dogs engaged in some kind of competition.
- Put on a fedora, start smoking White Owls, walk with a hunch and get a yappy dog.
- Mostly there's sweat and crankiness and small yappy dogs getting under my feet.
1.1Inclined to talk foolishly or at length.
- He left office tagged as ‘Dennis the Menace’ and labeled by one Cleveland Press columnist as a ‘brutal, vain, yappy, little demagogue.’
- The actors are doing their best but Ted Tally's yappy, affected script and Ratner's apparent dearth of vision don't leave room for characterization, just performances of one or two notes each.
- The yappy Yank who did not shut up for the entirety of the boat trip round the Dunvegan seal colony, asking stupid question after stupid question and then giving a running commentary on her emotional reaction to what she saw.
Words that rhyme with yappycrappie, flappy, gappy, happi, happy, nappy, pappy, sappy, scrappy, slap-happy, snappy, strappy, tapis, zappy
Definition of yappy in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.