- A sharp irregular ridge of compact sand lying in the direction of the prevailing wind in exposed desert regions, formed by the wind erosion of adjacent material that is less resistant.More example sentences
- Linear erosional features (called yardangs) found in deserts are the result of long-term erosion of wind blowing in a consistent direction.
- I stumbled upon a yardang - a rock ridge feature caused by wind and water erosion.
- Due to the hard climatic conditions of the yardang region in the Lut Desert, not much information about land surface temperatures of this region, one of the extremely arid cli-matic zones of Iran, has been extracted.
early 20th century: Turkic; compare with Turkish yar 'steep bank'..
More definitions of yardangDefinition of yardang in:
- The British & World English dictionary