- A skullcap worn in public by Orthodox Jewish men or during prayer by other Jewish men.More example sentences
- One could also make a similar argument about religious garb, whether a yarmulke or full dress.
- A Jewish student wearing a yarmulke at Yale University is attacked by a Palestinian in his dormitory.
- Equally brilliant was his appearance in a yarmulke at the Wailing Wall.
early 20th century: from Yiddish yarmolke.
More definitions of yarmulkeDefinition of yarmulke in:
- The British & World English dictionary