- (Of a bird) having a yellow bill. Used in the name of numerous such birds, including.
More example sentences
- ● the North American yellow-billed cuckoo (Coccyzus americanus, family Cuculidae). ● the African yellow-billed duck (Anas undulata, family Anatidae).
- You may glimpse such transients as the yellow-billed cuckoo, American redstart, or ruby-throated hummingbird, along with the indigenous scarlet macaw, king vulture, black catbird, or the keel-billed toucan, Belize's national bird.
- Lots and lots of wildlife, especially birds - wild ducks, quail, hummingbirds, yellow-billed cuckoos, which are very rare.
- A few species have alternative strategies; yellow-billed kookaburras raise their head feathers when threatened, revealing two black spots that resemble large eyes.