- (In soccer and some other games) a yellow card shown by the referee to a player being cautioned. Compare with red card.More example sentences
- The referee bought his yellow card out and Gascoigne was out of the final were England to make it through.
- What is the difference between a yellow card in hockey and a yellow card in soccer?
- He could not be trusted, they said, because he had clocked up one red card and 20 yellow cards in the past two seasons.
More definitions of yellow cardDefinition of yellow card in:
- The British & World English dictionary