- 2 archaic term for yellow fever.More example sentences
- Yellow fever (also called yellow jack, black vomit or sometimes American Plague) is an acute viral disease.
- Not even inland towns were safe from the fever known as yellow jack.
- Yellow fever, also known as yellow jack for the quarantine flag flown by ships at sea, became one of the most feared diseases throughout urban America.
- 3An edible marine fish with yellowish underparts, found primarily in the Gulf of Mexico and the Caribbean Sea.
More example sentences
- Caranx bartholomaei, family Carangidae
- They are known as ‘big buses ‘because of the way they attract passengers, including juvenile yellow jack and golden kingfish.’
- This picture is typical of yellow jacks in shape and fin arrangement but the coloration is not the norm.
- Another edible game fish is the yellow jack, a strong fast-moving family, carnivorous and silver in color with a yellow tail which gives it a distinctive look.
More definitions of yellow jackDefinition of yellow jack in:
- The British & World English dictionary