(also yellow jessamine)
Definition of yellow jasmine in English:
An ornamental climbing shrub with fragrant yellow flowers, native to the southeastern US. Its rhizome yields gelsemium.
- Gelsemium sempervirens, family Loganiaceae
- She also wanted to keep the silver and gold euonymus and yellow jasmine that grow by the front door, and a vigorous Fuchsia ‘Riccartonii’.
- There, in Laguna Beach, I saw hibiscus hedges eight feet tall, with solid masses of large red and pink flowers, and sprawling banks of white and yellow jasmine.
- There were lots of white Madonna lilies, fields and fields of them, and frangipani, and frangrant yellow jasmines, and gardenias - all highly scented flowers.
Definition of yellow jasmine in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan