- (In a cycling race involving stages, especially the Tour de France) a yellow jersey worn by the overall leader in a cycle race, at the end of any one day, and ultimately presented to the winner.More example sentences
- He did not know it, but when he sprang away, he was racing for the yellow jersey.
- Winners of each stage wear a yellow jersey much like some other famous race.
- Bonjour rider Francois Simon of France captured the yellow jersey of the overall leader.
More definitions of yellow jerseyDefinition of yellow jersey in:
- The British & World English dictionary