- Journalism that is based upon sensationalism and crude exaggeration: equating murder and dismemberment with smoking pot is the worst yellow journalismMore example sentences
- There is a name for this kind of filth: it is called yellow journalism and you make me ashamed to be a journalist.
- Use yellow journalism to scare the public into demanding that legislators pass a law to fix the nonexistent problem.
- Otherwise, it will turn out to be another form of yellow journalism.
- More example sentences
- In short, he is like a yellow journalist of the big media he was supposedly criticizing.
- Patty Duke is dynamic in a rabid, ridiculous performance as a blowsy yellow journalist who seeks to destroy the celebrities she slanders.
- Because Kessler's style is cool and professional, the reader cannot dismiss her as a yellow journalist writing for a popular magazine.
1895: from the appearance in an issue of the New York World of a cartoon in which a child in a yellow dress ( 'The Yellow Kid') was the central figure. The color printing was an experiment designed to attract customers.