noun (plural same or yellowtails)
- A marine fish that has yellow coloration on the fins, especially a number of species prized as food fish.
More example sentences
- Several genera and species, including the large sport fish yellowtail (Seriola lalandi, family Carangidae) of southern California, the yellowtail flounder (Limanda ferruginea, family Pleuronectidae) of the Atlantic coast from Labrador to Virginia, and the yellowtail snapper (Ocyurus chrysurus, family Lutjanidae) of Bermuda and the West Indies
- For the yellowtail jack: Season fish with salt and pepper.
- A smaller and more spread-out shoal of yellow-tail snappers cruise in and out, the dense shoals of saupe and bream parting to let them through.
- I get back to the boat and find that the usual yellow-tail snappers have been displaced from the shadow under the boat by a local character called Elvis, a very large great barracuda.
More definitions of yellowtailDefinition of yellowtail in:
- The British & World English dictionary