A trailing aromatic herb with whitish or lilac flowers, related to savory. Native to the western US, it has been used medicinally and as a local tea.
- Satureja douglasii, family Labiatae
- Yerba Buena is an important medicinal plant. Primarily a pain reliever, it is also used in gaseous distention and as mouthwash.
- I'm considering planting some Yerba Buena (Satureja douglasii) under the tree. When is the best time to plant Yerba Buena?
- If Yerba Buena has been planted temporarily in a pot or can, transfer the plant to the prepared pot after 2 weeks
mid 19th century: from Spanish, literally 'good herb'.
Definition of yerba buena in:
- British & World English dictionary