- 1An Orthodox Jewish college or seminary.More example sentences
- Musar is now mostly a minor subject on the curriculum of yeshivas and seminaries.
- I have gotten the privlage to study at the Rosh Yeshivas yeshiva in Jerusalem.
- The head of the yeshiva was the great Jewish leader Rabbi Moshe Feinstein.
- 1.1An Orthodox Jewish elementary or secondary school.More example sentences
- Danny attends a Hassidic yeshiva, a school devoted entirely to Judaism.
- I went to yeshiva for 15 years, I don't think we discussed the messiah for 10 minutes.
- My years in yeshiva were spectacular, in some measure because they were so intensely fueled by a totally denied sexuality.
from Hebrew yĕšīḇāh.
More definitions of yeshivaDefinition of yeshiva in:
- The British & World English dictionary