(also yessiree /-səˈrē/)
- 1Used to express assent: “Do you understand me?” “Yessir!”More example sentences
- They'll sweat their rears off, they'll yessir and nosir you to death, but when it comes down to it, they're just too damn eager, too revved up to slow down and think.
- It's all ‘yessir, nosir, yessir, nosir…’ It could start to make a man a little depressed. ‘Little’ meaning up to the extent of suicidal.
- Uh, yessir - pardun me, sir - but, uh, how will the ship know time's movin’ a-forwart?
- 1.1North American Used to express emphatic affirmation: yessir the food was cheapMore example sentences
- I be keepin’ you young'uns outta trouble today, yessir!’
- ‘Why, yessir, we do,’ Luca said matter-of-factly.
- They never fail to liven up our putrid existence. hecklerspray has a particular penchant for a cat fight and, yessir, there's one a-brewin’!
early 20th century: alteration of yes sir.
More definitions of yessirDefinition of yessir in:
- The British & World English dictionary