- (In materials that do not exhibit a well-defined yield point) the stress at which a specific amount of plastic deformation is produced, usually taken as 0.2 percent of the unstressed length.More example sentences
- The yield strength is the stress required to produce a small-specified amount of plastic deformation.
- It's yield strength is less than the force needed to subduct it.
- High-strength structural carbon steels have yield strengths greater than 275 MPa and are available in various product forms.
More definitions of yield strengthDefinition of yield strength in:
- The British & World English dictionary