verb (yodels, yodeling, yodeled ; British yodels, yodelling, yodelled)[no object]
Practice a form of singing or calling marked by rapid alternation between the normal voice and falsetto.
- For her encore, after performing about six songs, she yodeled for a minute and left.
- There's even a hidden track of some girl yodelling.
- No Eurovision would be complete without yodelling.
- Example sentences
- She is a splendid whistler, yodeller and vocal banjo.
- The high plains yodeler helped the company warble the world mass yodelling record into submission.
- Revel in the fact that she is a damn fine yodeler.
Early 19th century: from German jodeln.
Words that rhyme with yodelGödel, modal
Definition of yodel in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.