- A loud wailing cry, especially one of pain or distress.More example sentences
- Muffled cries and yells could now be heard, along with a yowl of pain.
- Olympia yet out a yowl of pain, and the tried to bite at his face.
- I dropped my heavy backpack on his foot, effectively earning a yowl of pain.
verb[no object] Back to top
- Make a loud wailing cry: he yowled as he touched one of the hot platesMore example sentences
- Scratching and yowling ensued, but I had these visions of grout and paws and stood firm.
- How is one to sleep with the likes of you yowling your inconsiderable brains out!
- Marie yowled outraged at getting wet and went under Phoenix's cloak.
Middle English: imitative.
More definitions of yowlDefinition of yowl in:
- The British & World English dictionary