Definition of yuppify in English:
verb (yuppifies, yuppifying, yuppified)[with object] informal derogatory
Make more affluent and upmarket in keeping with the taste and lifestyle of yuppies: Kreuzberg is slowly being yuppified with smart little eating places
More example sentences
- So can you please now cease and desist with your ever-growing trend to try and yuppify the names of dull, everyday things?
- I ran down to the port at Leith, which has all been yuppified and is pretty nice, and just explored around there.
- His lament that the Cafe is now multi-ethnic, mainstream, and yuppified is shared by other interviewees.
- Example sentences
- Anyone who's experienced the soaring rents in Mile-End knows the yuppification of the area has been well under way for some time.
- Over Christmas, I wrote a piece lamenting the yuppification of the Hotel Brunswick.
- The Brookmore rooming house was a two story brick building that had escaped the yuppification of skid row.
Definition of yuppify in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan