- A circular tent of felt or skins on a collapsible framework, used by nomads in Mongolia, Siberia, and Turkey.More example sentences
- Her students will make use of the project's three on-site yurts.
- He was greeted by dune buggies, which then took him across a lunar landscape for five hours to a collection of yurts, or Mongolian tents.
- The movie team pitched their yurts about 1km away from the household.
from Russian yurta, via French or German from Turkic jurt.
More definitions of yurtDefinition of yurt in:
- The British & World English dictionary