adjectiveNorth American • informal
- (Of a woman) having a full, rounded figure; plump.More example sentences
- She was zaftig, or, as my younger son would call it, stout.
- Because muscle is denser than fat, a lean, muscular athlete may weigh more than a zaftig woman of the same height who doesn't work out.
- He has this zaftig lady friend who is always bugging him to quit and live happily ever after.
1930s: Yiddish, from German saftig 'juicy'.
More definitions of zaftigDefinition of zaftig in:
- The British & World English dictionary