adjective (zanier, zaniest)
- Amusingly unconventional and idiosyncratic: zany humorMore example sentences
- His zany humour took comedy to new heights of absurdity.
- We both liked making costumes and had a similarly zany sense of humour.
- For those with a zany sense of humor, the adventures of Lieutenant Frank Drebin were a laugh riot from beginning to end.
nounBack to top
- 1An erratic or eccentric person.More example sentences
- We are looking for the zany, the serious, the artistic and ridiculous.
- I love students, what a zany, crazy bunch they are.
late 16th century: from French zani or Italian zan(n)i, Venetian form of Gianni, Giovanni 'John', stock name of the servants acting as clowns in the commedia dell'arte.