Definition of zedoary in English:
1An Indian plant related to turmeric, with an aromatic rhizome.
- Curcuma zedoaria, family Zingiberaceae
- A paste of a little zedoary and cream makes a good face mask and keeps the skin clear and shining.
- Turmeric helps you drink more, zedoary fixes up the hangover, and the turtle stuff adds vigor to your body.
- The medicinal part of zedoary is its rhizome, a fleshy stem that grows underground.
Definition of zedoary in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia