- Any of a large group of minerals consisting of hydrated aluminosilicates of sodium, potassium, calcium, and barium. They can be readily dehydrated and rehydrated, and are used as cation exchangers and molecular sieves.More example sentences
- The junction pockets are commonly lined with quartz and calcite upon which zeolites and associated minerals crystallize.
- In the 1970s and 1980s collectors and dealers reported on the zeolites and associated minerals from the Deccan Traps.
- Four locations in the Wolf Creek Pass area produce a diverse suite of zeolites and associated mineral species that occur as attractive specimens.
- More example sentences
- The minerals found in Maharashtra are mostly zeolites, some of which occur as tiny tube fillings, spherules, nodules, and patches of zeolitic material in basalt.
- The natural zeolitic minerals, composed of aluminum and silicon, are a billion-dollar-a-year industry.
- In our research unit, the zeolitic and mesoporous materials are synthesized mainly via hydrothermal method.
late 18th century: from Swedish and German zeolit, from Greek zein 'to boil' + -lite (from their characteristic swelling when heated in the laboratory).
More definitions of zeoliteDefinition of zeolite in:
- The British & World English dictionary