- A fingerlike loop of peptides enclosing a bound zinc ion at one end, typically part of a larger protein molecule (in particular one regulating transcription).More example sentences
- The capability of specific interaction with both DNA and RNA is not restricted to the zinc finger family of proteins.
- FOG is a zinc finger protein that functions as a transcriptional coregulator.
- The spacing of the zinc finger domain in this class of transcription factor coincides with a half-turn of the double helix.
More definitions of zinc fingerDefinition of zinc finger in:
- The British & World English dictionary