- A plastic strip with a loop on one end that is secured with notches on the other end, used as a temporary handcuff.More example sentences
- Quatre's smile is bright as he produces a pair of zipcuffs from an inner pocket of his jacket.
- I want a suspect to try and shoot me if I pull out the zipcuffs before securing his weapon.
- If you plan on making a citizens' arrest, be sure to have a partner on cover and zipcuffs.
verb[with object] Back to top
- Restrain (someone) with zipcuffs: one cop called someone on the phone while the other one zipcuffed meMore example sentences
- Does anyone remember the man who was zipcuffed and sitting on the end of a flatbed trailer?
- Plus, I love the adrenaline of participating in raids and ultimately the satisfaction of either laying to rest the bad, bad guys or zipcuffing them and sending them away for a long time.
- The expression is ‘proactive justice;’ it's very unlikely that a potential troublemaker is going to break any laws while zipcuffed on the floor of a paddy wagon.