- Zirconium dioxide, a white solid used in ceramic glazes and refractory coatings and as a synthetic substitute for diamonds in jewelry. See also cubic zirconia.
More example sentences
- Chemical formula: ZrO2
- Cubic zirconia and moissanite are examples of common diamond simulants.
- Compounds which are used for advanced ceramics include aluminum oxide and zirconia.
- One concept proposed by researchers at the University of Washington uses zirconia crystals and electricity to convert carbon dioxide into carbon monoxide and oxygen, which can then be used as rocket propellant.
More definitions of zirconiaDefinition of zirconia in:
- The British & World English dictionary