- A faint elongated cone of light sometimes seen in the night sky, extending from the horizon along the ecliptic. It is thought to be due to the reflection of sunlight from particles of ice and dust within the plane of the solar system.More example sentences
- Again, don't bother to look for the zodiacal light or counterglow in the confines of a city or the suburbs.
- For photography, use a fast-speed film, as the zodiacal light is a fairly faint phenomenon.
- The zodiacal light will be visible for the next two weeks, until the moon returns to this part of the sky.
More definitions of zodiacal lightDefinition of zodiacal light in:
- The British & World English dictionary