- A grayish-white or grayish-green crystalline mineral of the epidote group consisting of a hydroxyl silicate of calcium and aluminum.More example sentences
- The titanite grains from Zones 1 and 2 show marginal growth interstitial to newly grown crystals of metamorphic minerals such as plagioclase, biotite and zoisite.
- The Badger Flats area is also well known for clinozoisite, garnet, hematite, scheelite, vesuvianite, wollastonite, and zoisite (variety thulite).
- Titanite, garnet and zoisite are secondary in origin.
early 19th century: from the name of Baron S. von Edelstein Zois (1747–1819), Austrian scholar, + -ite1.
More definitions of zoisiteDefinition of zoisite in:
- The British & World English dictionary