- 1Of or relating to zoology: zoological classificationMore example sentences
- At this time, because the main taxonomic criteria were skeletal, there was no discrepancy between zoological and paleontological classifications.
- Some items have survived in zoological institutes and natural history museums in Saint Petersburg, Stockholm, and Amsterdam, as well as in the British Museum in London.
- In so doing, measures of physiological variables continue to offer fresh insights into other fields of zoological research, and so bring about new intercourse between physiological-ecology and other disciplines.
- 1.1Of or relating to animals: eighty zoological woodcutsMore example sentences
- An entire cable channel is devoted to animals, and zoological documentaries appear frequently on other networks.
- Displaying exotic people and animals as representatives of a racial and zoological hierarchy, circuses helped popularize scientific theories concerning racial difference.
- In a previous life, I was a camp counsellor and I had heard rumours about some cats (in the jazz rather than the zoological sense) who had set up camp in the trees around campus.
- More example sentences
- Because of the breadth of content of the book, it should appeal both to botanically and zoologically minded readers, as well as to those explicitly interested in plant - animal interactions.
- Is the threat of avian flu ‘the monster at our door’ or, to use an alternative and zoologically mixed metaphor, a frightened chicken crying wolf?
More definitions of zoologicalDefinition of zoological in:
- The British & World English dictionary