Definition of zoology in English:
1The scientific study of the behavior, structure, physiology, classification, and distribution of animals.
- But the desire for a deeper understanding of the forest and its creatures led him back to Moscow to study zoology.
- He contributed an immense amount of research in vertebrate and invertebrate zoology and paleontology, and also wrote and lectured on the history of science.
- When the war ended, he was over 50, and instead of returning to mouse genetics he retreated into more general physiology and zoology.
- Example sentences
- So entomologists, marine biologists, zoologists and ornithologists also sought his assistance with fieldwork and research.
- The goal of biologists - typically, zoologists and behavioral ecologists - is to understand how animal behavior contributes to survival and reproductive success.
- The establishment is managed with due deference to conservation, and marine zoologists are on hand to oversee the well-being of the animals.
Pronunciation: /zo͞oˈäləjəst/ /zōˈäləjəst/noun
Definition of zoology in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.