Definition of zoomorphic in English:
Having or representing animal forms or gods of animal form: pottery decorated with anthropomorphic and zoomorphic designs
More example sentences
- While the story, the script, and the five ornate zoomorphic initials accord well with our expectations of the elite Komnenian book culture, the images seem incongruous.
- There are two types of sculpted zoomorphic figures: generic four-legged animals and figures of specific animals.
- While not well preserved, the elegant carving of the zoomorphic chair displays elongated proportions similar to those seen on the Megiddo ivory.
- Example sentences
- Perhaps because the story so cleverly weaves scientific and interreligious themes together, I began to wonder whether zoomorphism might provide some insight into the question of religious pluralism.
- My paintings are non-objective and contain aspects of symbolism and zoomorphism.
Definition of zoomorphic in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia