Definition of zoomorphic in English:
Having or representing animal forms or gods of animal form: pottery decorated with anthropomorphic and zoomorphic designs
More example sentences
- While the story, the script, and the five ornate zoomorphic initials accord well with our expectations of the elite Komnenian book culture, the images seem incongruous.
- There are two types of sculpted zoomorphic figures: generic four-legged animals and figures of specific animals.
- While not well preserved, the elegant carving of the zoomorphic chair displays elongated proportions similar to those seen on the Megiddo ivory.
- Example sentences
- Perhaps because the story so cleverly weaves scientific and interreligious themes together, I began to wonder whether zoomorphism might provide some insight into the question of religious pluralism.
- My paintings are non-objective and contain aspects of symbolism and zoomorphism.
Definition of zoomorphic in:
- British & World English dictionary