nounZoology , • dated
- A plantlike animal, especially a coral, sea anemone, sponge, or sea lily.More example sentences
- There resulted, he proposed, eleven general grades with man at the apex and the zoophytes at the bottom, the zoophytes being invertebrate animals resembling plants.
- A bottle was produced which was said to contain certain zoophytes.
- Sheer chance had placed me in the presence of the most valuable specimens of this zoophyte.
More definitions of zoophyteDefinition of zoophyte in:
- The British & World English dictionary