- A man’s suit of an exaggerated style, characterized by a long loose jacket with padded shoulders and high-waisted tapering trousers, popular in the 1940s.More example sentences
- Alison Wojanski's menswear collection was one of the strongest and featured a floor-sweeping feather coat, tan tops and trousers and a zoot suit with a wonderful wood print fabric.
- Later, he'd affect a hipster get-up consisting of a zoot suit and tilted beret, and play a horn with an uptilted bell while ballooning his cheeks past the usual limits of human flesh.
- The War Production Board banned the zoot suit because of the extra material required in the long jackets and draped trousers.
1940s: rhyming formation on suit.
More definitions of zoot suitDefinition of zoot suit in:
- The British & World English dictionary