(also zoril or zorille /ˈzôril, ˈzär-/)
Definition of zorilla in English:
A black and white carnivorous mammal that resembles a skunk, inhabiting arid regions of southern Africa. Also called striped polecat.
- Ictonyx striatus, family Mustelidae
- Very little is known about the social life of wild zorillas, and they appear to be mainly solitary.
- Many zorilla families have been kept together in captivity, where mutual grooming appears common.
- With its long claws, the zorilla digs feverishly after the prize, alternately sinking its nose into the ground until it comes up munching.
Definition of zorilla in:
- British & World English dictionary