- The second stage of the prophase of meiosis, following leptotene, during which homologous chromosomes begin to pair.More example sentences
- Meiotic prophase can be further divided into leptotene, zygotene, pachytene, diplotene, and diakinesis stages defined by the state of chromosome pairing and condensation.
- Early meiotic stages, leptotene or zygotene, were observed.
- The bouquet forms at late leptotene and early zygotene and is coincident with chromosome pairing.
More definitions of zygoteneDefinition of zygotene in:
- The British & World English dictionary