Synonyms of home in English:
- 1at home
- 4 she took to her room and was not at home to friendsentertaining, receiving, playing host to, showing hospitality to
- 2bring something home to someone
- Art's illness brought home to them the gravity of the situation
- 3hit home
- See hit
- 4nothing to write home about
- informal his looks were nothing to write home about[Antonyms] exceptionalunexceptional, mediocre, ordinary, common, commonplace, indifferent, average, middle-of-the-road, run-of-the-mill, middling, medium, moderate, everyday, workaday, tolerable, passable, adequate, fair, nothing out of the ordinaryinformal OK, so-so, bog-standard, fair-to-middling, (plain) vanilla, no great shakes, not so hot, not up to muchBritish informal common or gardenNorth American informal orneryNew Zealand informal half-pie
adjectiveBack to top
verbBack to top
fear of home
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.