Synonyms of send in English:
- 1send someone down
- 1British she was sent down from Cambridgeexpel, exclude;British rusticate[Antonyms] admit, readmit
- 2send someone off
- 3send someone packing informal
- they decided they'd had enough of him, and sent him packinginformal chuck out, kick out, boot out, defenestrate, show the door to, give someone their marching orders, throw someone out on their ear, sack, fire, give someone the boot, axeBritish informal give someone the push, give someone the elbow, give someone the big E, bin off, turf outNorth American informal give someone the air, give someone the bum's rush
- 4send someone to Coventry British
- all three have been sent to Coventry for not treading the party lineostracize, exclude, shun, spurn, cold-shoulder, give someone the cold shoulder, reject, repudiate, boycott, blackball, blacklist, cast off, cast out, shut out, avoid, ignore, snub, cut dead, keep at arm's length, leave out in the cold, bar, ban, debar, banish, exile, expel;North American disfellowshipinformal freeze out, hand someone the frozen mittBritish informal blankdated cut
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.