- A high-level computer programming language used chiefly in real-time computerized control systems, e.g. for aircraft navigation.More example sentences
- The GNAT compiler from Ada Core Technologies allowed a seamless and fluid transition from Linux to an Ada 95 system.
- I am a counter-example to Dennis Ludwig's statement ‘I have yet to meet an Ada basher who really knows the language.’
- For each of seven focal teams, we used an Ada program on a PC to generate 999 random permutations of rearranged songs and calculated the mean IFM for these artificial samples.
1980s: named after Ada Lovelace (see Lovelace, Ada).
More definitions of AdaDefinition of Ada in:
- The US English dictionary