- A system designed to promote well-being by retraining one’s awareness and habits of posture to ensure minimum effort and strain.More example sentences
- For example, acupuncture, the Alexander technique, reflexology, yoga and massage, and aromatherapy may be helpful.
- Acupuncture and the Alexander technique may help relieve discomfort.
- The Alexander technique (which improves the posture) and yoga (which improves strength and flexibility of muscles) are obvious examples.
1930s: named after Frederick Matthias Alexander (1869–1955), the Australian-born actor and elocutionist who developed it.
More definitions of Alexander techniqueDefinition of Alexander technique in:
- The US English dictionary