Definition of Anglican in English:
Relating to or denoting the Church of England or any Church in communion with it.
- It is no longer a question of whether communion among the Anglican churches will be broken.
- There were speakers from the Catholic, Presbyterian, Baptist and Anglican churches.
- However, such preaching was not well received by most Anglican clergy, and churches began to be barred to him.
nounBack to top
A member of any of the Anglican Churches.
- Or is there some uniquely superior way in which this is thought to be more true for Anglicans than for other churches?
- Second, what is the role of the episcopacy in our vocation as Anglicans for the larger Church?
- Baptists did not arrive as missionaries as had Anglicans, Methodists, and Roman Catholics.
- Example sentences
- The movement from viewing Rome as anti-Christ to Anglicanism as schismatic heresy was almost complete for Newman.
- Unlike the Roman Catholic Church, Anglicanism has no central authority.
- It is also true that Cragg is and remains a broadly evangelical Christian within Anglicanism.
Definition of Anglican in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia