Definition of Anglophobe in English:
A person having a strong dislike of England or Britain.
- Perhaps England fans shouldn't be allowed flags at all then sour Anglophobes like him wouldn't get so ruffled.
- Steeped in the rhythms and traditions of the English language, a Londoner to the core, Cox nevertheless presented himself as an Anglophobe.
- A friend, one of Britain's sharpest comedy writers and a militant football Anglophobe, will recite the great Peter Jones radio commentary with misty-eyed glee.
- Example sentences
- Vast fortunes were made out of the Irish Famine, almost invariably by Irish people who shut up and joined the chorus of Anglophobia.
- His nationalism was as expansive as his cosmopolitanism, and he railed in equal measure against the narrowness of native deriders of Scotland and the shallowness of Anglophobia.
- Yet anti-English feeling remains a barrier to such celebration - and Anglophobia isn't confined to foreigners.
Words that rhyme with Anglophobetechnophobe
Definition of Anglophobe in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia