Definition of Arab in English:
1A member of a Semitic people, originally from the Arabian peninsula and neighbouring territories, inhabiting much of the Middle East and North Africa.
- Henceforth, he insisted that he was Emperor not only of the French but also of the North African Arabs.
- Trans-Sahara trade with North Africans and Arabs began to transform these northern societies greatly.
- Nearly 300,000 North African Arabs, for example, fought in the ranks of the Free French.
2A horse of a breed originating in Arabia, with a distinctive high-set tail.
- Arabs tend to be very actively attuned and responsive to their riders, whether or not their riders intend for them to be.
- This part Arab was moving out at a canter.
- My mare is a small Arab, and even riderless she'll cross-canter a majority of the time.
adjectiveBack to top
Relating to Arabian people: Arab countries
More example sentences
- But, caught on the continent's horn, it isn't of Africa - it is neither Arab north nor Bantu south.
- In other words, seven-eighths of ancient Palestine now makes up Arab states, predominantly Jordan and Syria.
- The main markets were in Germany, Austria, Italy, France, the US and Arab countries.
Words that rhyme with Arabcarob, scarab, Shatt al-Arab
Definition of Arab in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan