Definition of Arab in English:
1A member of a Semitic people, originally from the Arabian peninsula and neighbouring territories, inhabiting much of the Middle East and North Africa.
- Henceforth, he insisted that he was Emperor not only of the French but also of the North African Arabs.
- Trans-Sahara trade with North Africans and Arabs began to transform these northern societies greatly.
- Nearly 300,000 North African Arabs, for example, fought in the ranks of the Free French.
2A horse of a breed originating in Arabia, with a distinctive high-set tail.
- Arabs tend to be very actively attuned and responsive to their riders, whether or not their riders intend for them to be.
- This part Arab was moving out at a canter.
- My mare is a small Arab, and even riderless she'll cross-canter a majority of the time.
adjectiveBack to top
Relating to Arabian people: Arab countries
More example sentences
- But, caught on the continent's horn, it isn't of Africa - it is neither Arab north nor Bantu south.
- In other words, seven-eighths of ancient Palestine now makes up Arab states, predominantly Jordan and Syria.
- The main markets were in Germany, Austria, Italy, France, the US and Arab countries.
Words that rhyme with Arabcarob, scarab, Shatt al-Arab
Definition of Arab in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.