- Denoting a type of knitwear or garment with traditional patterns, typically involving raised cable stitch and large diamond designs.More example sentences
- The group enjoyed browsing among the many shops with traditional Aran knitwear, pottery and other souvenirs on sale.
- The countryside was a major theme with rustic cord jodhpurs, pedal pushers with buttons at the knee, checked shirts and Aran sweaters.
- The traditional consumer market for Waterford Crystal, Claddagh rings, Aran knitwear and Connemara marble rosary beads continues to thrive and is worth €120 million a year.
1960s: from the Aran Islands.
More definitions of AranDefinition of Aran in:
- The US English dictionary