2.1 (an Aries) (plural same) A person born when the sun is in the sign of Aries.
More example sentences
- I casually mentioned my conversation to her, and she said that she was supposed to have been an Aries, but was born late under Taurus.
- An Aries is always an Aries, a Libran is always a Libran, no matter what the Moon sign, for example, may be.
- Those who earn the genuine friendship of an Aries / Capricorn are indeed invited into an inner circle.
- Astronomy The point on the celestial sphere where the path of the sun crosses the celestial equator from south to north in March, marking the zero point of right ascension. Owing to precession of the equinoxes it has moved from Aries into Pisces, and is now approaching Aquarius . Also called vernal equinox.More example sentences
- The astrological sign in which the First Point of Aries resides determines our current ‘Age.’
- The First Point of Aries really was in Aries when it was named roughly 2,000 years ago.
- Because astrologers still calculate from the First Point of Aries instead of the current March equinox location in Pisces, all modern horoscopes have shifted out of phase with the actual stars.
Definition of Aries in:
- The US English dictionary