Definition of Artex in English:
noun[mass noun] trademark
A kind of plaster applied to walls and ceilings to give a textured finish.
- Why is people who plaster the rooms in the eaves of a building always use Artex [which is as near as plastering can get to a grater] on the sloping sections?
- B&Q have a whole section dedicated to the removal of Artex.
- Money has clearly been spent on the smart chocolate-brown leather chairs, but not on the depressing 1970s-style Artex dining-room ceiling.
verb[with object] Back to top
Cover (a wall or ceiling) with Artex.
- It may well have taken you a whole day, in between fag breaks, to Artex your kitchen ceiling so beautifully.
- We skim Artexed ceilings quite a lot and the way we do it is to quickly knock off all peaks with scrapers, apply PVA to an area and then skim whilst the PVA is still tacky.
- 13’ x 13’ Upvc lead effect window to the front and side aspects, Wall mounted radiator, Laminate wood effect flooring, Telephone point, TV point, Artexed ceiling, feature spiral staircase leading to first floor landing, opening to kitchen.