noun( • trademark in the US)
- A high-protein, high-fat diet in which carbohydrates are severely restricted.More example sentences
- Does this mean that low-carb, high-protein diets like the Atkins diet are ideal for diabetics?
- The Atkins diet cuts out carbohydrates and boosts consumption of protein without having to avoid fatty foods.
- Then there's the Atkins diet, which is one of many that advocates a higher protein, lower carbohydrate menu plan.
1970s: named after the American cardiologist Robert C. Atkins (1930–2003).
More definitions of Atkins dietDefinition of Atkins diet in:
- The US English dictionary